|Prerequisites||Personal interview to determine eligibility.|
Must be fluent in English.
|Campus Location||Brampton, ON|
Advanced Nail Care Certificate Course Overview
The Nailcare Certificate Course is designed to advance your career in Aesthetics, Skin Care, or other related beauty career. While no prior nail technician knowledge is required for the certificate, you may want to gain complete knowledge of aesthetics and beauty. For getting the best start to a career in beauty, take a look at the Advanced Aesthetics Diploma.
Get ready to learn through equal parts theory and hands-on training! You will learn nail care for a variety of nail types and nail conditions – for both fingernails and toenails. Throughout the course, you will get opportunities to practice on real clients and models under the instructor’s supervision.
Skills and topics that will be covered during the Nailcare Certificate course include:
- Anatomy & Physiology of Hands, Arms, and Feet
- Manicures & Pedicures
- Nail Mending/Repairs & Natural Nail Care
- Study of Nail Conditions & Disorders (such as ingrown nails)
- Free Hand Nail Design
- Paraffin Treatment
- Nail Cosmetics & Products
- Client Assessment & Record Keeping
- Sterilization, Sanitation, and Bacteriology
- Entrepreneurship / Freelancing
- Various Polish Application Techniques (Traditional, French, and American)
- Application of Multiple Types of Manufactured Nails such as:
- Acrylic Nails
- Shellac Nails
- UV Gel Nails
- Bio-Gel Nails
“An institute par excellence. They groom students for a bright and successful career. Diligent faculty. The staff of the school is very efficient and knowledgeable.”
– Sarbjit Multani
Nail Technician Career Path
As a Nail Technician you will work to care for and style your clients fingernails and/or toenails. There is a high demand for talented nail estheticians in film, fashion, and bridal industries. Many clients simply enjoy having beautiful and well-groomed nails – and they will return regularly. Your work will help boost self-esteem and create healthy nails.
This certificate will serve as an attractive add-on for anyone looking to advance their career in Aesthetics, Skin Care, or Beauty.
Some of the workplaces you could use your new skills include:
- Theatre, Film, and Fashion
- Weddings and Special Events
- Resorts & Cruise Lines
- Cosmetic Brands and Sales
- In Your Own Clinic or Spa
- And More…