Chair Massages are a great add-on skill for Registered Massage Therapists and is a great way to help relieve pain throughout the entire body!
The student will develop a basic routine for chair massage as well as learn how to adapt to specific clients and situations.
Techniques will prepare the student to address common problem areas, such as IT band, TFL and lumbar area pain. Students will learn:
- Benefits and history of chair massage
- The best body posture for the chair massage therapist
- Specific chair massage techniques
- Client subjective interview procedures
- Contraindications in chair massage
- Preparing and marketing a chair massage event
- Successfully realize a chair massage practice
- Chair massage ethics
After completion of this course, students through lectures, laboratory and outside activities, will be expected to:
- Develop and perform a chair massage routine.
- Assess client needs and contraindications.
- Demonstrate safe techniques and body mechanics.
- Generate business forms needed to promote a chair massage business.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of ethical principles.
- Demonstrate professionalism.
- Develop a marketing plan.
- Successfully complete a marketing event.
- No prerequisites required.
Duration: 2 days
Career Path: (Careers and work settings post-certificate) Chair Massages are a great and easy-to-learn extension to careers in massage and bodywork therapy. This certificate will provide you with opportunities to explore career options in the health system.
You will be able to provide your clients with a relaxing and therapeutic experience. You will get a career that is fulfilling and will have a positive influence on the lives of your clients. A career in Chair Massage is a career with low stress and will benefit both you and your clients.