Become a Personal Support Worker in 23 Weeks - Fast Track PSW Training
- Have a caring and patient personality?
- Want to make a difference with elderly, disabled, and mental health?
- Love offering professional companionship?
- Want to quickly break into a recession-proof career in healthcare?
If you answered “yes,” then becoming a personal support worker might be your entry into an exciting and fulfilling healthcare career.
A Personal Support Worker (PSW) provides personal care to clients who are ill, injured, or aging. You will assist with personal hygiene, mobility, medication, housekeeping, feeding, monitoring, and emotional and physical well-being.
NACC Accredited Course
You can become a personal support worker by completing your education at National Institute Brampton or Virtual Instructor-Led Classroom. Our accredited fast track Personal Support Worker Course will provide you with comprehensive knowledge and training. The course has an NACC approved curriculum in which you will quickly learn theoretical and practical knowledge from qualified instructors who have extensive experience in Personal Support Work and the Healthcare industry. In addition, you will receive job placement assistance during the program.
PSW Course Details
|Full-Time / Hybrid
|23 Weeks (700 hours)
400 hours theory & practical
300 hours of clinical placement
|Days, Afternoons/Evenings, or Weekends
|High School or Equivalent, 18 Years or Older
Must be Fluent in English
Medical Form Completed by Doctor
Recent Vulnerable Sector Check & Criminal Record Check
|Brampton, ON / Virtual Classroom
“If you are looking for taking PSW program, I would highly recommend National Institute. The instructor is very qualified and really cares for students. The staff is extremely friendly and supportive. The program is very well set up and easy to follow.”
– M. Kamal, Graduate PSW Certificate
Fast Track Personal Support Worker Course Curriculum
- Body System
- Safety & Mobility
- Mental Health
- Physical Health
- Patient Care Techniques
- Administration of Medication
- Ethics & Regulations
National Institute’s Personal Support Worker curriculum is approved by the Ontario Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities and NACC. You will quickly learn everything you need to become a Personal Support Worker (PSW) in Ontario.
Classes are enrolling now for this fast track program, but space is limited. Start dates are often flexible. Please inquire today so that you can reserve a spot at your optimal time. Ask about special offers on tuition. To inquire, complete the form or call 905-463-2006.
Personal Support Worker Career Profile
As a Personal Support Worker, you have the unique ability to enhance a fellow life and provide people with dignity and respect. Your work-life will never be boring; every day in this career will be a little different. You will perform a wide variety of tasks that provide for the comfort, safety, and well-being of your clients. Daily tasks that many take for granted can become difficult or impossible for the ill, injured, or elderly. You will come along such a person as both a care-giver and a companion.
A PSW may also be called a Health Care Aide, Patient Care Aide, Nursing Attendant, or Hospital Attendant. No matter the title you go by, your job will be to attend to the personal care of your clients (from medical to household needs).
Personal Support Workers are in-demand and can work in many settings. Some common work places include:
- Long-Term Care Facilities
- Nursing Homes
- Retirement Homes
- Mental Health Facilities
- Congregate Housing / Independent Living Homes
- In Your Clients Home
You will work with home care agencies and registered nurses. Your ability to accept direction from supervisors while providing significance to the lives of your clients is what makes you stand out in this field.
Personal Support Workers in Ontario
Entry-Level Wage Expectations
$21 – $26
As your career grows, you could start earning more. Personal Support Worker is an in-demand career that also enables you to assist people and improve their quality of life. You are entering a recession resilient career – as a health care professional you will always be needed.
Why Choose National Institute’s Personal Support Worker Program?
Getting prepared for a new career is an important step in your life. Providing a great education and enabling students to become Personal Support Workers is a responsibility we take seriously.
- Small class sizes so you get the attention required to succeed.
- Expert instructors that have real-world experience. All teachers are fully licensed & qualified.
- Built-in Job Placement (through internship) during the program in two settings – institution and agency.
- Networking opportunities with employers, industry partners, and community leaders.
- Job placement assistance. Over 95% of our graduates obtain gainful employment.
- Practical hands-on experience with real clients.
- A diverse and friendly student body. You will work together and make great friends.
“Thank you very much for everything, I was so happy taking my PSW program at National Institute. The director and her staff are very helpful and friendly. I appreciate it.”
– R. Malik, Graduate PSW Certificate
Financial Aid Options
Financial Aid is available to those who qualify.
National Institute is a licensed & accredited private career college in Ontario – this means you may be eligible for public and/or private grants, and RESPs are useable. There are financial aid specialists to help you find a financial solution to match your unique circumstances.
Some of your Financial Aid options include:
- Interest-Free Monthly Tuition Option for National Institute Students Only
- Better Jobs Ontario Funding
- Public Scholarships, Grants, and Student Loans
- Private Scholarships & Grants
- Registered Education Savings Plan (RESP) Withdrawal
- Student Line of Credit or Loan from Banks/Credit Unions.
- RRSP Lifelong Learning Program (LLP)
- Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB) Claims
- And More…