|Class Time||Days or Evenings|
|Entrance Requirements||High School or Equivalent, 18 Years or Older|
|Campus Location||Brampton, ON|
“I received an excellent education at National Institute. My teachers were amazing, friendly, and very helpful. The small class size was just what I needed to get the individual attention and learn the information I needed.”
– Krystle Robinson
Advanced Makeup Artistry Curriculum
The Advanced Makeup Artistry course is designed to provide students with great practical experience within the school by serving clients and practicing on models, allowing the students to perfect their skills within a safe learning environment. We ensure small class sizes for more one-on-one training.
- Makeup Artistry
- Assessing Skin Types
- Makeup Techniques
- Makeup for Mature Skin
- Stage, Theatre, and Runway Makeup
- Eye Shapes and Face Shapes
- Business Management
- Colour Theory
- Black & White Photography Makeup
- Business Ethics
- Eyebrow and Eyelash Tinting
The Advanced Makeup Artistry curriculum is approved by the Ontario Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities. You will graduate with an Advanced Makeup Artistry Diploma.
Advanced Makeup Artistry Career Profile
As an Advanced Makeup Artist you will work to style and beautify people using the skills you learn at National Institute. From actors and models to spa clients and brides, you will have the opportunity to help ensure people look beautiful and appear at their best.
With a diploma in Advanced Makeup Artistry you will have the opportunities to work in a fast-moving, dynamic, and rewarding career.
Some of the places you can work include:
- Film and Television
- Weddings and Special Events
- Fashion and Runway shows
- Stage & Theatres
- Bridal makeup studios
- Makeup Instructor
- Beauty Specialist
- Owner of a Makeup Studio
- Resorts, Hotels and Cruise lines
- Magazine Company
- Cosmetics Sales Representative/Manager
- Freelance Makeup Artist
- Cosmetic Brand Companies
- Beauty Advisor
- …and many more.
Your successful career in the makeup industry will require knowledge of global beauty trends, advanced makeup techniques, and a creative flair. You will often collaborate with other beauty experts and your clients to create the perfect look.
Why Choose National Institute’s Advanced Makeup Artistry Diploma Program?
Getting prepared for a new career is an important step in your life. We provide a great education and extensive hands-on experience which enables our students to start a successful career as an Advanced Makeup Artist.
Some of the perks you will experience as a student of National Institute include:
- Small class sizes so you get the attention required to succeed.
- Financial aid is available to those who qualify. Admissions will assist you to secure funding.
- Expert instructors that have real-world experience. All teachers are fully licensed & qualified.
- Networking opportunities with employers, industry partners, and community leaders.
- Job placement assistance. Over 95% of our graduates obtain gainful employment.
- Practical hands-on experience in our own student spa and on field trips with community partners.
- Work with reputable industry professionals. Get experience and make connections with amazing brands such as Make Up For Ever.
- A diverse and friendly student body. You will work together and make great friends.