|High School or Equivalent, 18 Years or Older
“I received an excellent education at National Institute. My teachers were amazing, friendly, and very helpful. The small class size was just what I needed to get the individual attention and learn the information I needed.”
– Krystle Robinson
National Institute’s Cosmetology program is designed to provide you with competency based knowledge, artistic principles, and hands-on experience with real clients. You will learn a large variety of different skills and techniques that will set you up for a successful career as a Cosmetologist.
- Hair & Scalp Treatments
- Hair cutting
- Makeup Artistry
- Salon Functions
- Nail care
- Health & Safety Standards
- Salon Management
- And more…
The Cosmetology curriculum is approved by the Ontario Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities. You will graduate with a Cosmetology Diploma.
Cosmetology Career Profile
As a professional Cosmetologist you could initiate style and change. You will create the perfect look for your clients using skills like hairstyling, hair colouring, manicures, hair removal, and make–up. You would also provide advice to your clients on the best beauty products for them. Being a cosmetologist, you must keep on top of the latest trends and styles in hair fashion and beauty techniques.
After successful completion of National Institute’s Cosmetology Diploma program, you could get work in any of the following high profile careers:
- Salon and Spa Owner
- Skin care specialist
- Makeup Artist
- Hair Colour Specialist
- Hair Designer
- Celebrity Hair Stylist
- Fashion Model Hairstylist
- Hairstyling Instructor
- Sales and Customer Service for hair products
- Salon Manager
- Cruise Line Stylist
As a Cosmetologist you will have a huge variety in available jobs and specializations that will let you have a fun, dynamic, and rewarding career.
Cosmetologists in Ontario
Entry-Level Wage Expectations
$20 – $30
As your career grows, you could start earning more. Cosmetology is an in-demand career that also enables you to improve your clients’ health and self-confidence.
Why Choose National Institute’s Cosmetology Diploma Program?
National Institute will help you in every step in launching your new Cosmetology career. Providing a great education and enabling students to become successful Cosmetologist is a responsibility we take seriously.
- Financial aid is available to those who qualify. Admissions will assist you to secure funding.
- Small class sizes so you get the attention required to succeed.
- Expert instructors that have real-world experience. All teachers are fully licensed & qualified.
- Practical hands-on experience in our own student spa with real clients.
- Job placement assistance. Over 95% of our graduates obtain gainful employment.
- Networking opportunities with employers, industry partners, and community leaders.
- A diverse and friendly student body. You will work together and make great friends