|Length||52 Weeks (1500 Hours)|
|Class Time||Days or Afternoon/Evenings|
|Entrance Requirements||High School or Equivalent, 18 Years or Older|
|Campus Location||Brampton, ON|
“I am so grateful to National Institute. They not only provided me with a great education but they also helped me find a job after graduation. I highly recommend joining National Institute to any aspirant interested in Hairstyling.”
– Andeep Kaur, Graduate Hairstyling Diploma
Hairstylist Diploma Course Curriculum
- Hair Sciences
- Colour Theory and Techniques
- Cutting Techniques
- Salon Functions & Customer Service
- Salon Management
- Party Hairstyles
- Fancy Braids
- Bridal Updos
- Product Formulation
- Health & Safety Regulations
- Waving and Relaxing
- Chemical Treatments
- Scalp & Hair Care
- Self-Employment (Entrepreneurship)
Hairstyling students will participate in career building activities such as community outreach, field trips, on-campus salon & lab, industry & employer networking, and a special visit to the annual ABA beauty and hair show.
The Hairstyling curriculum is approved by the Ontario Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities. The Ontario College of Trades accepts our Hairstylist Diploma as the educational requirement for your licensing.
Classes are enrolling now but space is limited. Start dates are often flexible. Please inquire today so that you can reserve a spot at your optimal time. To inquire, complete the form or call 905-463-2006.
“I’m so glad that I enrolled. I loved the work and assignments. I learned everything from small tips and tricks to what make – up goes with what seasons! … My experience at National Institute was fantastic and I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is interested in pursuing a future career in Hairstyling. It’s a great kick – start for people who are young and passionate like myself.”
– Chris Johnson
Hairstylist Career Profile
As a Hairstylist, you will bring joy and wonder to your clients as you transform their look with skilled technique and precision. Your creativity has the unique ability to make a bride feel extra special, give a boost of confidence to a businessman, restore dignity to a cancer patient with a wig of hair, or help a fashion model feel absolutely beautiful.
A Hairstylist may also be called a Barber, Hairdresser, Haircutter, Hair Colour Specialist, or Business Owner. There are many directions and specialties you can pursue in your career as a licensed hairstylist.
Hairstylists are in-demand and often work in salons or on-the-go. Some career paths you may pursue include:
- Theatre, Film, and Fashion
- Hospitality such as resorts, spas, and cruise lines
- Wigs and Hair Pieces
- Hair Product Brand Retail, Manufacturing, and Distribution
- Business or Franchise Ownership
Why Choose National Institute’s Hairstylist Program?
Getting prepared for a new career is an important step in your life. Providing a great education and enabling students to become Hairstylists is a responsibility we take seriously.
- Small class sizes so you get the attention required to succeed.
- Expert instructors that have real-world experience. All teachers are fully licensed & qualified.
- Networking opportunities with employers, industry partners, and community leaders.
- Job placement assistance. Over 95% of our graduates obtain gainful employment.
- Practical hands-on experience with mannequins and real clients.
- A diverse and friendly student body. You will work together and make great friends.
Some examples of our Hairstyling student’s lab work: