Summer 2022 Evening Class Enrolling Now!
|Option||Full-Time / Online||Part-Time|
|Length||69 Weeks||96 Weeks|
|Class Time||Days or Evenings||Weekends|
|Entrance Requirements||High School or Equivalent, 18 Years or Older|
Recent Vulnerable Sector Check & Criminal Record Check
|Campus Location||Brampton, ON / Virtual Classroom|
“I received an excellent education at National Institute. My teachers were amazing, friendly, and very helpful. The small class size was just what I needed to get the individual attention and learn the information I needed to pass my CMTO certification exams.”
– Krystle Robinson, Registered Massage Therapist
Massage Therapy Course Curriculum
The Massage Therapy course is designed to prepare you for taking the CMTO’s Registration Examinations (MCQ & OSCE). You will learn everything you need to become a Registered Massage Therapist (RMT) in Ontario.
- Theory of Massage Therapy
- Swedish Techniques
- Public Health
- Kinesiology & Remedial Exercise
- Ethics & Regulations
- Self-Employment Business Management
The Massage Therapy course curriculum is accepted by the CMTO. You will learn advanced massage theory in health science, professional development, and clinical science. Additionally, you will get practical hands-on experience in our campus clinic and through community outreach trips.
In order to successfully receive the diploma, you will need to complete 2200 hours of the program and achieve a passing grade of 70% or more. Successfully completing the school MCQ and OSCE Exams with 70% and more marks will give you also a mock licencing exam experience as our exams are designed in a similar format to those of the CMTO licencing exams.
Massage Therapist Career Profile
A Registered Massage Therapist (RMT) treats their clients by applying manual pressure to the muscles and other soft tissues of the body. Your work relieves pain, promotes healing, and reduces stress. A massage therapist is an expert at treating tension, soreness, spasms, and muscle or joint pain.
You will use your holistic knowledge of human anatomy to identify root causes and develop a treatment plan. A client’s treatment can last anywhere between 15 – 90 minutes per session.
Massage Therapists can work just about anywhere. Some common work places include:
- Health Clinics
- Rehabilitation Centres
- Resorts & Cruise Lines
- Nursing Homes
- In Your Own Clinic or Spa
- At Your Client’s Home (Mobile Massage Services)
You will often collaborate with other medical or spa professionals to deliver complete treatment to your clients. Massage Therapy is a dynamic career that involves working with many people throughout your day. Your ability to create a relaxing and peaceful environment is crucial to your success.
As your career grows, you could start earning up to $100 / hr (around $200,000 a year). It is a lucrative career that also enables you to help people improve their health. Massage Therapy is considered a recession resilient career – as a health care professional you will always be needed.
Why Choose National Institute’s Massage Therapy Program?
Getting prepared for a new career is an important step in your life. Providing a great education and enabling students to become a Registered Massage Therapist is a responsibility we take seriously.
- Small class sizes so you get the attention required to succeed.
- Financial aid is available to those who qualify. Admissions will assist you to secure funding.
- Expert instructors that have real-world experience. All teachers are fully licensed & qualified.
- Networking opportunities with employers, industry partners, and community leaders.
- Job placement assistance. Over 95% of our graduates obtain gainful employment.
- Practical hands-on experience in our own student spa and on field trips with community partners.
- A diverse and friendly student body. You will work together and make great friends.