|High School or Equivalent, 18 Years or Older;
Prior Aesthetician Experience is Preferred
“I am an alumni of National Institute and am currently working at a big skincare line company. I also offer my own part-time services in laser and hair removal and my clients love my work. The school taught me well and I would strongly recommend this program.”
– Andrew Trevayane
Para-Medical Skin Care Specialist & Laser Technician Course Curriculum
The Laser Technician & Para-Medical Skin Care Specialist course provides extensive education through lectures, hands-on training, and a variety of technologies. This is perfect for students with some prior knowledge in Aesthetics. This course would upgrade your career to a Medical Aesthetician and allow you to earn significantly more!
This course was previously known as “Medical Aesthetics.” Same course, new name.
- Laser Technology for Hair Removal and Skincare Treatments
- Ruby Points
- Broken Capillaries
- Skin Analysis and Skincare Plan Development
- Skin Tag Removal
- Business Ethics and Management
- Infection Control
- Client Consultation
- Health and Safety Standards
The Para-Medical Skin Care & Laser Technician curriculum is approved by the Ontario Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities. You will graduate with a Para-Medical Skin Care & Laser Technician Diploma.
Para-Medical Skin Care Specialist and Laser Technician Career Profile
As a Para-Medical Skin Care Specialist and Laser Technician (Medical Aesthetician) you will use various advanced techniques to improve your clients appearance. You will provide facial treatments, skin treatments, hair removal, and different types of light and laser therapies. The job is often demanding – for which you will be prepared.
Medical Aestheticians have many career options. Some common workplaces include:
- A Private Practice
- Working with other professionals such as medical doctors
- Spas, Resorts, Cruise Ships, Hotels, etc.
- Healthcare Centres, Clinics and Hospitals
- Beauty Therapist
- Laser Treatment Centres
- Dermatologist’s assistant
You will work with clients to help fix or remove any physical blemishes, particularly with skin and hair. This results in improvements to their health and self-image. It is a fulfilling and rewarding career in the health & beauty industry, and can be lucrative for experienced practitioners.
Laser Technicians in Ontario
Entry-Level Wage Expectations
$20 – $30
As your career grows, you could start earning more. Medical Aesthetics is a lucrative career that also enables you to improve your clients’ health and self-confidence. You are entering a recession resilient career – as a health care professional you will always be needed.
Why Choose National Institute’s Para-Medical Skin Care Specialist and Laser Technician Program?
Getting prepared for a new career is an important step in your life. We provide a great education and extensive hands-on experience which enables our students to start a successful career as a Medical Aesthetician.
Some of the perks you will experience as a student of National Institute include:
- Financial aid is available to those who qualify. Admissions will assist you to secure funding.
- Small class sizes so you get the attention required to succeed.
- Expert instructors that have real-world experience. All teachers are fully licensed & qualified.
- Practical hands-on experience in our own student spa with real clients.
- Job placement assistance. Over 95% of our graduates obtain gainful employment.
- Networking opportunities with employers, industry partners, and community leaders.
- A diverse and friendly student body. You will work together and make great friends.