|Length||20 Weeks||30 Weeks|
|Class Time||Days or Evenings||Weekends|
|Entrance Requirements||High School or Equivalent, 18 Years or Older|
|Campus Location||Brampton, ON|
“I’m so glad that I enrolled. I loved the work and assignments. I learned everything from small tips and tricks to what make – up goes with what seasons! … My experience at National Institute was fantastic and I would definitely recommend it to anyone. It’s a great kick – start for people who are young and passionate like myself.”
– Chris Johnson
Paramedical Skin Care Specialist & Laser Technician Course Curriculum
The Paramedical Skin Care Specialist & Laser Technician course provides extensive education through lectures, hands-on training, and a variety of technologies.
This course was previously known as “Medical Aesthetics.” Same course, new name!
- Skin Tag Removal
- Ruby Points
- Broken Capillaries
- Skin Analysis and Skincare Plan Development
- Laser Technology for Hair Removal and Skincare Treatments
- Business Ethics and Management
- Infection Control
- Client Consultation
- Health and Safety Standards
The Paramedical Skin Care & Laser Technician curriculum is approved by the Ontario Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities. You will graduate with a Paramedical Skin Care & Laser Technician Diploma.
Paramedical Skin Care Specialist and Laser Technician Career Profile
As a Paramedical Skin Care Specialist and Laser Technician you will use various advanced techniques to improve your clients appearance. You will provide facial treatments, skin treatments, hair removal, and different types of light and laser therapies. The job is often demanding – for which you will be prepared.
Paramedical Skin Care Specialist and Laser Technicians have many career options. Some common workplaces include:
- A Private Practice
- Working with other professionals such as medical doctors
- Spas, Resorts, Cruise Ships, Hotels, etc.
- Healthcare Centres, Clinics and Hospitals
- Beauty Therapist
- Medical Esthetician
- Beauty Treatment Operator
- Dermatologist’s assistant
You will work with clients to help fix or remove any physical blemishes, particularly with skin and hair. This results in improvements to their health and self-image. It is a fulfilling and rewarding career in the health & beauty industry, and can be lucrative for experienced practitioners.
Why Choose National Institute’s Paramedical Skin Care Specialist and Laser Technician Program?
Getting prepared for a new career is an important step in your life. We provide a great education and extensive hands-on experience which enables our students to start a successful career as a Paramedical Skin Care Specialist and Laser Technician Program.
Some of the perks you will experience as a student of National Institute include:
- Financial aid is available to those who qualify. Admissions will assist you to secure funding.
- Small class sizes so you get the attention required to succeed.
- Expert instructors that have real-world experience. All teachers are fully licensed & qualified.
- Practical hands-on experience in our own student spa with real clients.
- Job placement assistance. Over 95% of our graduates obtain gainful employment.
- Networking opportunities with employers, industry partners, and community leaders.
- A diverse and friendly student body. You will work together and make great friends.