|Class Time||Days or Afternoon/Evenings|
|Entrance Requirements||High School or Equivalent, 18 Years or Older|
|Campus Location||Brampton, ON|
“If you are looking for taking PSW program, I would highly recommend National Intsitute. The instructor is very qualified and really cares for students. The staff is extremely friendly and supportive. The program is very well set up and easy to follow.”
– M. Kamal, Graduate PSW diploma
Personal Support Worker Course Curriculum
- Mental Health
- Physical Health
- Patient Care Techniques
- Administration of Medication
- Ethics & Regulations
National Institute’s Personal Support Worker curriculum is approved by the Ontario Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities and NACC. You will learn everything you need to become a Personal Support Worker (PSW) in Ontario.
Classes are enrolling now but space is limited. Start dates are often flexible. Please inquire today so that you can reserve a spot at your optimal time. To inquire, complete the form or call 905-463-2006.
“Thank you very much for everything, I was so happy taking my PSW program at National Institute. The director and her staff are very helpful and friendly. I appreciate it.”
– R. Malik, Graduate PSW Diploma
Personal Support Worker Career Profile
As a Personal Support Worker, you have the unique ability to enhance a fellow life and provide people with dignity and respect. Your work-life will never be boring; every day in this career will be a little different. You will perform a wide variety of tasks that provide for the comfort, safety, and well-being of your clients. Daily tasks that many take for granted can become difficult or impossible for the ill, injured, or elderly. You will come along such a person as both a care-giver and a companion.
A PSW may also be called a Health Care Aide, Patient Care Aide, Nursing Attendant, or Hospital Attendant. No matter the title you go by, your job will be to attend to the personal care of your clients (from medical to household needs).
Personal Support Workers are in-demand and can work in many settings. Some common work places include:
- Long-Term Care Facilities
- Nursing Homes
- Retirement Homes
- Mental Health Facilities
- Congregate Housing / Independent Living Homes
- In Your Clients Home
You will work with home care agencies and registered nurses. Your ability to accept direction from supervisors while providing significance to the lives of your clients is what makes you stand out in this field.
Why Choose National Institute’s Personal Support Worker Program?
Getting prepared for a new career is an important step in your life. Providing a great education and enabling students to become Personal Support Workers is a responsibility we take seriously.
- Small class sizes so you get the attention required to succeed.
- Expert instructors that have real-world experience. All teachers are fully licensed & qualified.
- Built-in Job Placement (through internship) during the program in two settings – institution and agency.
- Networking opportunities with employers, industry partners, and community leaders.
- Job placement assistance. Over 95% of our graduates obtain gainful employment.
- Practical hands-on experience with real clients.
- A diverse and friendly student body. You will work together and make great friends.