HOT STONE MASSAGE
Learn how to perform one of the most popular relaxing and stress relieving massages in only 2 days!
Therapist will now learn how to use hot stones within practice. You will further develop your knowledge with learning new spinal layout routines, advanced sports techniques for your massage and clinical massage techniques.
- Allows a deeper heat in subcutaneous tissue
- Aids relief of general body aches and pains
- Reduces stress anxiety and tension
- The stones work on heating the body throughout the entire body treatment
- Increases the parasympathetic state
- Increases blood supply to the skin and muscles
- Moves blood and lymph allowing the body to remove waste in a more efficient manner
- Improves poor circulation
- Eases rheumatic and arthritic conditions, fibromyalgia, MS
- Assists insomnia and helps to reduce depression
- Increases flexibility by relaxing connective tissue
- Increases metabolism and elimination of waste body products
- Vasodilatation of capillaries
- Reduction acidic blood situation
Under this extensive program, with the guidance of our highly qualified instructors, you will learn the theoretical and practical aspects of the following:
- History of stone usage and application
- Benefits of Hot Stone Massage
- Physiological effects of stone usage
- Introduction to chakras and energy centers
- Self Preparation
- Room and Equipment preparation
- Stone placements
- Stone massage techniques
- Tips on stone placement
- Equipment, safety & hygiene
- Supervised practical application
- No prerequisites required.
Duration: 2 days
Career Path: (Careers and work settings post-certificate) Hot Stone massage is a treatment based on the use of hot stones to assist the body in self healing by balancing body energies. Hot stone therapists have many opportunities to help their clients and work in a variety of settings such as spas, massage therapy clinics, and holistic health clinics.